Colorado law requires all students attending Colorado schools and licensed child cares to be vaccinated against certain diseases unless a medical or non-medical exemption is filed. Schools and child care programs can only accept a medical exemption written on the CDPHE form. (Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment)
- Medical Exemption - This form must be signed by a Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor or Osteopathy (DO), Advanced Practice Nurse (APN). or a delegated Physicians Assistance (PA). (Download form)
- None-Medical Exemption include personal belief or religious exemptions. These type of exemptions do not need to be signed or approved by medical professional. Whenever your child would ordinarily receive a vaccination, you must file a non-medical exemption:
- Complete CDPHE non-medical exemption form and hit "submit". This will automatically send it to Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS).
- Complete the non-medical exemption form and submit it to your child's school. (Download form)
- Provide a statement of exemption. This should include: child's name. age and date of birth, date of exemption was submitted, the vaccines being declined and whether it's personal or religious belief.
- If your child is entering the 6th grade, they will need a Tdap. For further information, review "Tdap Letter" under 'Forms'
For further information, click on link below.
When to Keep a Sick Child Home From School
Click on "Is my child too sick for school?" found under 'Forms'
Will your child be taking medication at school? If so,
- An order from your provider is required. (Download Asthma Care Plan, Allergy/Anaphylaxis, Authorization for Medication to be Given at School Care Plan provided below)
- Any "Over-The-Counter" medications requires an order from your provider.
- Students can only self-carry emergency medications, which are inhalers and EpiPens. If you want your child to self-carry either one of these medications during school hours, please include Self-carry contract with order. (Download form provided below)
Angie Witt-Thompson RN, BSN
(303) 644-3234 ext. 1235